Welcome to our monthly blog on what’s new in Gilbert, the once Hay Capital of the World! So…what’s new? Hay! Good question! July was a slow month, and the August heat will keep us indoors. But school’s starting and fall events are ramping up — along with a little development news! So, here’s what’s going on.
Real Estate and Development News
It’s been a long time, but Epicenter seems to have some movement. Not much in the way of new restaurants in town, but maybe it’s time to get involved and check out some Town meetings.
Here’s the latest:
- Epicenter at Agritopia: Joe Johnston, the man who seems to have built Gilbert’s restaurant business, is teaming up with his son, William, to develop Epicenter at Agritopia. This is a mixed use development with apartments, retail and office space. Five years in the works, it’s finally getting started. It’s going up on the northwest corner of Ray and Higley.
- You can see what’s coming to Gilbert before your friends by attending some of the public meetings (agendas and schedule).
August Events in Gilbert
While the Gilbert Art Walk returns in October, you can still make it to the Heritage District for the Farmers Market, every Saturday from 7am to 11am. And while you’re down there, you might want to give the restaurants another look. It’ll sure seem new to you if you haven’t been down there in a while.
August Events to keep an eye on:
- August 10th at the Museum (HD South): The 12th Annual Gilbert Mineral Sale. Did you know our former councilman Les Presmyk is a huge mineral geek? He’ll be there with his minerals.
- August 17th: Feel like running a mile in the August heat? Well, here’s your chance! The East Valley Mile, right here in Gilbert.
- Gilbert schools are back in session. Check out the Fall Calendar.
- Ready to let your inner Hippie out? Attend a Full Moon Festival with Sutra Studios.
- August 21st: Women Empowered Social kickoff event at TopGolf, as part of the Gilbert Chamber.
- Into Food Truck cuisine? Try the Gilbert Feastival, every Friday at 5:30pm next to Sam’s Club.
- Did you know HD South has weekly storytime for the young ‘uns and yoga for the stretchy ones? View the calendar.
How About an Iced Coffee?
Whether you’re moving to Gilbert from New York or Phoenix, give me a call. We’ll schedule a nice, cool iced coffee, get out of the heat and talk Real Estate. I know the best communities in Gilbert, and everything else you need to know about this great town.