There’s something new going up on that corner! Did you check out that new restaurant? Feeling like a show or a festival? We’ve got it all for you. So much happening here in the East Valley this September, and we’ve got you covered. Read on!
Real Estate and Development News
There are some interesting developments breaking ground and passing through City Councils here in the East Valley, from residential to commercial to hospitality properties. Check ‘em out below.
And while we’re talking about real estate, here’s an interesting analysis on iBuyers, those who use “apps” instead of Agents, like OpenDoor. Those sellers tend to see their “typical cost…to be in the range of 13% to 15% depending on the iBuyer vendor,” rather than the 5-7% with your real estate agent. That’s a pretty significant difference. Be sure to talk to your agent and get a breakdown of these differences.
On to the development news. Here’s what’s coming to that corner near you:
- Irgens Partners is building the new 999 Playa building at the 202 and Scottsdale, near Tempe Town Lake. The building will include “100,000 square feet of monumental work space.”
- Are you a fan of tiny houses? Check out the Micro Estates community by Newtown Community Development Corporation. It’s a place where “each home is small and private, but the sense of community around it is big.”
- Downtown Chandler — wow, have you seen everything going on down there? Keep up at downtownchandler.org.
- Development at Tempe’s Pier 202 is back on track again for the area south of the lake, north of Rio Salado Parkway, and east of Scottsdale Road.
- Tempe is also getting a 5-story, 102-room Vib hotel at Farmer and 5th Street.
- Gilbert’s Town Council has approved the Watermark at Gilbert Town Square, a 14-building complex of 1-3 story buildings, just north of Gilbert’s Municipal Complex, south of Warner, off of Gilbert Road.
New East Valley Restaurants
Check out these new places to grab a bite to eat. You’ve got some interesting choices, including fine dining and ramen!
- The Parlay Kitchen & Cocktails is open in Chandler, on Price off the 202.
- The Peacock Wine Bar in Gilbert looks to “embrace intellectual stimulation linked to wine and offer an alternative to the bar scene in a relaxed and friendly environment.” Located at Gilbert & Baseline.
- You know you love Chicago style pizza, but have you tried Chicago-style fried chicken? Check out Chicago’s Chicken Shack, now open on University in Tempe, just west of the 101.
- Hey Mesa, do you love the Wild Berry Diner? If so, check out the owners’ new place at Extension and Baseline, Wildeberries. Open for breakfast and lunch.
- In the heart of Downtown Chandler is the new Hidden House, an “intimate 1939 cottage.” For your elegant, fine dining experience.
- If you love Nishikawa Ramen in Chandler, check out their new location, Azusa Ramen, in Tempe on Mill just north of Southern.
- The Chandler Eggstasy location is now open on Gilbert Road, south of Germann. Their goal is “to provide each and every one of our guests a surreal dining experience.”
- NakedQ Chandler is a new BBQ spot (clothing not optional, it’s the meat that’s naked — no sauce) at 54th Street and Ray.
- How about some Argentinian food? Check out La Esquina Argentina on Broadway Road in Mesa, between Val Vista and Greenfield.
September Events in the East Valley
The summer heat will start to break in September as event calendars heat up. So many great events, markets, feastivals, and more here in the East Valley. Check ‘em out!
- Sunday, September 29th: The Australian Pink Floyd Show at the Chandler Center for the Arts
- Ready to go vegan? Take the 7-day Jumpstart challenge in Chandler — actually, it’s virtual, online, starting on September 1st.
- San Tan’s 12th Annual Oktoberfest, Friday, September 27th in Chandler.
- Rockin’ Taco Street Fest in Chandler, on Saturday, September 14th, 12pm – 9pm.
- Friday, September 6th, Chandlore — “Meet the cast of Chandler’s past.”
Ongoing events and happenings:
- Farmers Markets:
- Art Walks and Events:
- Gilbert: (starts up again in October)
- Mesa: Mesa 2nd Friday, Art, Music, Food and more. 6pm-10pm
- Food Truck Feastivals:
- Mesa: Every Saturday night from 5:30-9:00pm at Pioneer Park. They have 10 gourmet food trucks, live music and more.
- Gilbert: Every Friday 5:30 – 9:00 next to Sam’s Club. 10-20 Food Trucks & Live Entertainment.
How About an Iced Coffee?
If you’re looking to buy or sell in the Phoenix East Valley area, let’s talk! I’m happy to answer your questions about home values, market trends, neighborhoods, school districts, you name it. I’ve sold over $20 million of real estate here in the area — I know this market well and can help you achieve your real estate dreams.