As Fall moves in and breaks our streak of triple-digit temperatures, commerce and fun start to take off here in the East Valley. There are cool new restaurants, large developments, and plenty of events this October in Tempe, Gilbert, Chandler, Mesa and Scottsdale. The East Valley is a great place to live, work and play. See what’s going on below.
Real Estate and Development News
Development news this month is heavy on the multi-family apartment complexes and commercial-industrial. It’s always good to know what’s in the works in your neighborhood, because it can have a huge impact on your property value and your quality of life.
Here’s what’s coming to that corner near you:
- Northrop Grumman in Chandler lands a large military contract (missile target work), bringing in over 30 high-tech jobs.
- Nevada Street & Commonwealth Avenue Apartments, a four-story, three-building multi-family apartment complex is planned near downtown Chandler (can you guess the corner?).
- A new industrial complex, Landing 202, is going up near Mesa Gateway, at Ray & Hawes roads, just south of the 202. This is one of the first developments that is part of Mesa’s new Opportunity Zones.
- The 3rd phase of Crismon Gateway VIllage just broke ground. This $40M project will have retail, restaurant, an office building, and a 128-unit multifamily complex.
- The Tempe City Council just approved the state’s second Artspace Lofts Development (first is in Mesa), a live-work space for artists.
- The final four private-development parcels of land at Mesa Gateway have been leased and are ready for development. Read more: BizJournal
- Vedura Residential is proposing luxury apartments at San Tan Village, just north of Macy’s.
New East Valley Restaurants
Asian buns, casual drunkenness, some hand-crafted delicacies and a new Food Truck. Check out these new restaurants in the East Valley:
- Myke’s Pizza in Mesa. Hand-crafted Pizza in downtown.
- Deez Buns in Tempe. Sandwiches and burgers, with Asian steamed buns!
- Mezquite’s Cafe in Chandler. Southwestern/Latin cuisine.
- Ted’s Refreshments in Tempe. A cool new “gathering hole” for recreational drinking.
- How about some Certified Indian cuisine? Check out Curry & Scoop in Tempe.
- Yatai Ramen, a food truck based out of Scottsdale. The truck is new, not the restaurant.
- Coming Soon: Ilegal Modern Cocktail Kitchen, a rooftop restaurant in Gilbert. Planned opening end of 2019, early 2020. Founded by the proprietor of the Bitter Bar in Scottsdale.
October Events in the East Valley
The summer heat finally broke, and apparently it’s time for some German-heritage drunkenness in the East Valley with Oktoberfest. Last month, Chandler’s ‘fest was hosted by San Tan Brewery. This month, we have more, in Tempe and Gilbert. Plus, take in some additional culture with a play and the Day of the Dead. Here’s what’s going on:
- Man of La Mancha, playing through October 6th at the Tempe Center for the Arts.
- East Valley Fests of Oktober: where to do Oktoberfest
- Dia De Los Muertos in Mesa. October 26th. Mesa Arts Center.
Ongoing events and happenings:
- Farmers Markets:
- Art Walks and Events:
- Food Truck Feastivals:
- Mesa: Every Saturday night from 5:30-9:00pm at Pioneer Park. They have 10 gourmet food trucks, live music and more.
- Gilbert: Every Friday 5:30 – 9:00 next to Sam’s Club. 10-20 Food Trucks & Live Entertainment.
How About an Iced Coffee?
If you’re looking to buy or sell in the Phoenix East Valley area, let’s talk! I’m happy to answer your questions about home values, market trends, neighborhoods, school districts, you name it. I’ve sold over $20 million of real estate here in the area – I know this market well and can help you achieve your real estate dreams.